Have you played Mythology Island yet? Probably! If you’ve tried it out already then you know it can be pretty tough. Especially those red-eye snakes in the Labyrinth with the Minotaur. And the final battle with Zeus is very hard. Well, here is a good step-by-step walkthrough to help you with all the tough parts of Mythology Island.
Mythology Island is the latest island in Poptropica to be released in the game. The storyline of Mythology Island is that Zeus has given you a quest to retrieve several important and very valuable items that are scattered throughout the island. To retrieve all the items, you’ll need to visit different realms and defeat different creatures and monsters.[flashvideo file=http://poptropicacheats.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/animoto_video.mp4 img=http://poptropicacheats.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mythology-video-icon.png /]
Mythology Island Walkthrough Step-by-Step
- Enter the adventure at Olympus Village Main Street and go into the Museum of Olympus. Once you walk inside the museum, you’ll see a short story about the gods and how they defeated the Titans. And you can see all the statues of the gods in here too. At the statue of Poseidon, take the Starfish from its face.
- Go right to the Grove of Temples, and enter the Temple of the Muses. Run all the way to the right and get one of the free pipe. Then go click on the statue of the muse who is holding a reed pipe and she will teach you a song.
- Now walk outside and return to Main Street. Then go further left and you’ll get to a new area which is the base of a tree. Next jump up on the white marble staircase and continue up into the big tree.
- To go up the tree you need to climb on the snakes and leap through the branches. You’ll find a satyr in the upper-right corner. Talk to him and he’ll ask you to collect honey for him. Collect 10 of the honey pots in 60 seconds and he will show you the way to the Golden Apple.
- Zeus angrily appears, but offers you immortality if you retrieve 5 sacred items for him from the realms of creatures and gods. The items you need to find are listed on a scroll that Zeus leaves on the tree. The items you must obtain are the ring from the nose of the Minotaur, a flower from the garden of the Sphinx, a scale from the Hydra, a giant pearl, and one of Cerberus’ whiskers.
- Leaving the tree, you meet the goddess Athena, Zeus’s daughter, who warns you that Zeus may have secret motives. She arranges for you to use the olive trees as a source of information.
- Next go left and over the bridge. You’ll arrive in the Garden of the Sphinx. The next part is to get the water in the aqueduct to flow to the dying flower by using the switches and gates up above you. When you’re done, collect the flower, which is your first item. While you’re here, jump up above the Sphinx and get the pomegranates from the tree.
- Now walk to the left and you’ll see a sign for the minotaur’s cave. Use your reed pipe to play the notes shown on the door. The order is blue, blue, green, yellow, yellow, red, blue, green.
- Go in and speak to the Minotaur, and enter his Cave Maze. Athena gives you a glowing thread to keep you from getting lost. Head for the weapons displays to keep on track. At the Pan bones, remove the bones so that the remaining ones spell out the letters TEN. Continue along and leap over the scorpion in your way. You’ll arrive at a doorway, go through to get to the snake puzzle To do this puzzle, you need to click on the red-eye snake whenever it appears. He disappears really quick, so this one is tough.
- When you finish the maze, speak with the Minotaur and he will give you his ring. Then return to Main Street. Keep moving to the right and enter the Grove of Temples. Run past the Temple of the Muses and you’ll soon arrive at the temples of Hades which is down below and Poseidon over to the right. You can play these in either order, but Poseidon first is easier.
- Go inside Poseidon’s temple and put the starfish you got earlier onto the altar.
- Go through and cross the beach to meet Aphrodite, Athena’s sister goddess. Pass her test to get a magic mirror that allows speedy travel throughout the realm. The answers to the quiz, in order, are: Ares, Hermes, Aphrodite, Artemis, and Hestia.
- Swim out in the water to the statue and then dive down underwater. You can use the bubbles in the water for additional air. The way you want to go is across the top, down the right, and then left on the bottom. Soon you’ll get to the entrance to the Hydra’s lair. Before you go into it, get the giant pearl inside the clam that’s above and to the right of the cave entrance.
- Battle the Hydra: when each head snaps out to you, jump up and land on top of it. After you knock out all of the Hydra’s heads, you can get the scale. Exit using the mirror to reach Aphrodite heart symbol, and walk back right to go to Hades.
- At the realm of Hades, earn a drachma from the worker by cleaning all the graffiti off the outside of the building.
- Go inside the temple and place the pomegranates on the temple, which is over to the right. A door will open. Jump right into the chasm to reach the River Styx.
- While riding in the ferry, you need to watch out for all the obstacles that come at you. A great tip to avoid them is to stand where Charon is. You still need to duck under the flaming skull and jump over the monster in the river, but the falling stalactite will miss you each time.
- You’ll land on the other shore and here is Cerebus guarding the place. Play the song you learned from the Muse on your reed pipe. The notes are blue, green, yellow, blue, red, green. Now that Cerberus has fallen asleep, you can take the whisker from him. There’s a large rock here but ignore it for now because you cannot move it yet. Now you can return to the Gate of Olympus on Main Street with the help of the mirror.
- Congratulations! You now have all five of the items for your quest. Go back to the Tree Base to the left and Athena will help you reveal the secret message they contain. Now Zeus arrives and he betrays you. He takes all of the items you found for himself and reveals that by midnight, all of Poptropica will fall under his rule. Athena tells you to speak with Hercules for help. He agrees and you go to the Hades throne room using the mirror.
- Hercules will move the giant boulder and wait outside. Speak with Hades and he will give you his crown, which will help you defeat Zeus.
- Next, use the magic mirror to go to Poseidon’s kingdom. Underwater, Hercules opens the rock passage to the Throne Room, and Poseidon gives you his trident.
- The next step is to use the mirror one more time to travel to the gates to Olympus on Main Street. The gates are locked, but that’s no problem for the powerful Hercules.
- Hercules will travel with you to Olympus but he is stopped by the Medusa who appears and turns him into stone.
- Using the drachma that you earned from cleaning up the temple to buy a bag of wind from Aeolus at the base of the mountain. Use the bag of wind to get onto the mountain and then climb and jump your way to the very top, where you’ll see Zeus’ throne. Next, light the four statues to summon Zeus and take him on in an epic fight.
- The Hades crown and Poseidon’s trident allow you to fly about as you and Zeus trade thunderbolt attacks. Each time you hit Zeus, his health meter goes down a little bit. Whenever you get struck by a thunderbolt from Zeus, you lose one of your pink clouds that keep you flying. Don’t lose all of your clouds or Zeus will be triumphant and you will need to battle him again. An important part of the battle with Zeus is to keep gathering more clouds during the fight.
- Part-way into the battle, Zeus will start to glow and throw spinning white balls of energy. You need to watch out for these too. Also, when he is glowing you cannot hit him, so this is a good time back up and collect clouds.
- It may take a while, but if you keep at it, you will defeat Zeus. After losing, Zeus gives you back the items from your quest. Athena shows up too and presents you with your island medallion. Congratulations, you have completed Mythology Island!
Once you have beaten Zeus, some things can’t be done anymore, like the Hydra. You can return to the realms of Poseidon and Hades, as well as many of the other areas. Poor Hercules remains a statue forever, so if you want his costume, make sure you costumize him before you encounter the Medusa.