There’s now an official Poptropica Guide that you can buy on Amazon or in bookstores. It’s a guide to most of the islands in the game, from Early Poptropica up through Wimpy Wonderland. You get detailed walkthroughs (but no videos because it’s a book!) and pictures of what you need to do to finish each one. They also have some fun behind the scenes stuff about the game and the basics like how to use the Costumizer feature. Finally, you’ll also get a pull-out color poster with a giant Poptropica map and all the medallions.
The end of the book has a neat section called Inside Poptropica that tells you how they come up with all the islands. It’s broken down into several steps:
- The Idea – where they come up with the idea for the island.
- The Script – where they write a story of how the island will work.
- The Backgrounds – where they create all the scenes you see in the background.
- The Characters – where they design all the Poptropicans you meet.
- The Mini-Games – where they create all the puzzles and challenges for the island.
- The “Cut Scenes” – where they create the parts that happen when you don’t have control of your character.
- The Missing Pieces – where they finish up the island.
- The Test – where the team tests out the whole island to make sure nothing’s broken.
- The Promotion – where they announce the island with teasers on the blog.
- The Big Day – where they launch the island for us to play and read all the blogs (like PoptropicaCheats.org!) to see what people think about the new island.
Pretty cool, huh? If you want to check out the book, here’s a link to it on Amazon.com.